|Job Type:||Full Time|
Establish and lead a team of professionals to maintain and develop technology solutions that deliver efficient and reliable services and desired experiences aligned to our colleague strategy.
Head of People Systems
- Lead, inspire and make a difference
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
Your new role awaits
We are seeking a Head of People Systems to join the People and Culture team to provide reliable and efficient technology solutions to support critical People & Culture (HR) services to all colleagues at NAB and BNZ globally. In this role you will act as the Business Application Owner (BAO) for core HR applications (HR and Payroll SAP ECC6) and other key HCM solutions (Reward, Compensation, Talent, Learning, Recruitment and HS&W) including SuccessFactors, PageUp and Donesafe.
As an experienced leader you will develop and lead a team of professionals to maintain and develop technology solutions that deliver efficient and reliable services and desired experiences aligned to our colleague strategy.
Your day to day role will include acting as a key liaison between business and technology stakeholders to understand overall priorities, explore options and improve/simplify business processes, new technologies and adopt best practices. In addition, you will also be responsible for;
- Management of existing systems and associated vendors
- Evaluating, planning, and implementing new improvements in system functionality, business processes and practices
- Analysis of application and operational support performance and service delivery insights
- Drive system change to support economic, regulatory and strategic change
- Maintain a skilled and engaged workforce to support technology operations and change, including a flexible and cost-effective workforce strategy
- Continuously improve operations, procedures, automation, controls and technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services to colleges
- Advise stakeholders on effective technology solutions to meet business and domain objectives
- Jointly prioritise technology change with stakeholders and domain owners to most effectively meet shared domain objectives
Your skills & experience
- 10 years’ experience working in HR technology, including technology change and operations
- Extensive leadership experience
- Strong technical experience in either development/design/consulting/architecture/testing
- Understanding of project delivery and project management disciplines.
- Ability to effectively run technical operations including incident management, technology risk management, service management, patching, disaster recovery, capacity management etc.
- Outstanding skills in engaging stakeholders, managing conflict, negotiating and communicating
- Ability to manage multiple competing issues, incidents and objectives effectively through prioritisation, delegation and negotiation
- Motivation and aptitude to stay up-to-date on technical and industry changes and trends to leverage latest technology, services, providers, etc.
To support you to lead your team in an outstanding way, you will have access to programs, tools and resources which will connect you to the right development at the right time.
As part of the wider people team, your presence will be felt in all areas of the bank and help to create value through our people, communication and culture. Your role will contribute to shaping a workplace and culture which inspires people to be the best they can be.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce supported by our African Australian and Indigenous employment programs, Graduate and Trainee programs. We are proud of our LGBTI Gold employer status by AWEI, and our commitment to gender equality. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply. To view full details, please refer to the Role Purpose Statement available.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of this job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.