|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a permanent, full-time role located at Perth, Head Office
About the Role:
This position is primarily accountable for directing external service providers in the development of high-level and detailed technical designs for cyber security solutions and performing quality assurance on their outputs. This will be achieved by utilising cyber security subject matter expertise and knowledge of application and infrastructure technology components used in Western Power.
This position possesses the expertise and experience in designing cyber security solutions as well as security models, software, tools and standards. This expertise and experience will be used to ensure that high-level and detailed technical architecture and designs satisfy business expectations and comply with Western Power’s standards, enterprise architectural principles and frameworks.
This position may be required to identify the need for; and produce reference architectures for use in solution architecture and design. They will also provide technical leadership to a team of experts responsible for contributing to the overall design of a large solution.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Possess significant experience in designing and maintaining security related architecture and designs within a large distributed organisation. Demonstrated experience in information and operational technology aspects of cyber-security relating to architecture and designs in large organisations, with complex, multi-application and varied infrastructure landscapes.
- Extensive knowledge of security architecture and design patterns, especially related to OT and IT.
- Extensive experience of managing and working with external service providers in the design and delivery of complex cyber security related solutions
- Extensive knowledge of general architectural and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of development and project delivery methodologies
- Strong knowledge of strategy, architecture, service delivery and direction
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, processes, techniques and tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving and solution identification skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to translate business needs into requirements for solution architecture
- Strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability
- Ability to manage relationships across the organisation at multiple levels
- Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate qualifications in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or other related study, or equivalent experience Extensive and broad with a minimum of eight (8) or more years of related experience as a Solution Architect or Engineer
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 23rd October 2020