|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you keen to secure an opportunity with one of the worlds market leaders in Environmental solutions? This career opportunity will see you work across our full range of business streams – Water, Collections & Infrastructure.
About the role
The Safety & Wellbeing Team Leader (‘SWTL’) will lead the safety team members for New South Wales at an operational level, provide advice and support to their stakeholders and business managers and proactively contribute as a leader across the SUEZ ANZ business.
You will lead, manage, coordinate, and promote the Safety and Wellbeing programs and the implementation of strategic initiatives that are key, ensuring continuous improvement is maintained alongside compliance with all relevant state and federal legislation.
The SWTL needs to maintain a compliant, professional approach to all safety, rehabilitation, and Workers Compensation issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a safety and wellbeing team in supporting a significant number of sites and workers.
- Partner with leadership at all levels to continue understanding and mitigating the key physical and psychosocial risks within the business, as well as matters relating to safety performance, cultural and transformational initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
- Ensure all workplace incidents (personal injury and near misses) are reported and managed effectively
- Drive continual improvement through strong collaboration with stakeholders and worker participation
- Provide proactive safety and wellbeing advice and coach all members of line management on safety and wellbeing, Chain of Responsibility and NHVAS compliance
- Travel to multiple locations within NSW to provide hands on support to business leaders to plan and prioritise safety activities to drive a safety culture of ownership and empowerment at business line level
With at least 5-10 years’ experience gained in a Health & Safety role, you hold relevant qualifications in OH&S (Diploma or Degree), system auditor qualifications and a holistic approach to well-being. Collaborative and inclusive leadership skills are vital as you lead a team of Safety professionals to success. Your industry experience includes the transport/logistics, waste or utilities sector and you will be up to date on all relevant safety legislation (including Chain of Responsibility). You are competent in ICAM investigation, hold a valid driver’s licence. A mental health first aid certificate would be desirable as is completion of your Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment.
You consider yourself a ‘change agent’ someone who can challenge status quo and drive your team to success. You are solutions focussed and hold safety as a core value.
Above all, your core values align with ours, a passion for the environment, a customer first approach, team spirit and respect.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package including a full maintained Tool of Trade vehicle and a range of company benefits.