|Job Type:||Full Time|
Accenture Financial Services (Banking Consulting Practice)- Commercial Banking Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Across Australia and New Zealand, we work with some of the world’s most advanced and innovative financial services institutions. Accenture’s unique understanding of how technology is reshaping the banking industry gives our consultants a chance to shape the future of our client’s industry.
The breadth and depth our Accenture’s capabilities, the leading clients for which we work and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provide an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Working for Accenture Consulting, you would join a group of financial services specialised consulting practitioners. As practitioners, our consultants focus on designing client solutions. Each consultant exploits their experience, talent and leadership to help clients analyse, plan and achieve their goals.
Job description: Working as a consulting manager, you will leverage your commercial banking industry expertise helping clients discover, design and ultimately deploy world-class business and technology solutions. You will be expected to bring and develop your own perspective into a leading personal brand and expertise. Each Accenture consulting manager is a unique part of our consulting team. Each manager knows how to deliver value now and owns the perspective of what will shape the future of their domain. A manager’s consulting domain is defined by the unique combination of that person’s banking industry and management or technology consulting knowledge. Today, our managers lead the end to end digitisation of banking services, the deployment at scale of robotics across banking operations, the design of high productivity new business architectures, or the rollout of industry-wide real-time payments. As a part of Accenture’s banking industry consulting practice, you will be at the core of our banking client’s engagements. Often in concert with Accenture’s other specialised practices, you will deliver tangible outcomes. Like everyone in our practice, you will measure your success by the lasting improvements our clients have achieved.
Individuals will have experience of working within a commercial banking environment with a broad understanding of the issues faced by banks and a specialisation commercial lending.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their broad industry and domain specialised knowledge through their understanding of strategies, trends & challenges, market dynamics, industry architectures and frameworks, and supplier landscape.
Our expectations are that:
- Candidates should have solutions experience in one or more of the following Commercial Lending areas: Business Process Optimization, Credit & Portfolio Analytics, Commercial Loan Product, Commercial Lending Sales Process, Loan / Lease Origination Systems, Loan Servicing, Risk Management; End to End Processing
- Experience with industry-leading Commercial Loan Origination Systems (LOS’) including nCino is preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following Competencies: Digitization / Imaging, Business Architecture, Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Development / Gap Analysis, Business Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management, Program / Project Management (PMO), Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Risk
- Candidates should have gained their banking industry knowledge either through consulting engagements with banks or as part of an internal team working on a “change the bank” agenda. A demonstrable focus on tangible outcomes over conceptual knowledge is a must have.
- Candidates are expected to master all core consulting skills such as structured problem solving, project management, design thinking and solution delivery lifecycle. We expect managers to have applied these skills across more than one of the key change lifecycle stages such as strategy, design, build and test, deployment or change management.
- Candidates need to thrive in a team environment. As an Accenture manager you will always work within a broader team and often lead your own team. You are expected to have led entire scrums or project streams combining client, technology partner and other specialised consulting resources. You are expected to have demonstrated an ability to develop resources within your team and coach a number of colleagues through their careers.
- As a manager, candidates are expected to lead from the front, operate independently and represent Accenture’s delivery commitment to the client. Typical candidates will have had roles such as design lead, business analysis lead, lead architect, chief product owner, delivery lead, scrum of scrums master, test lead, implementation lead etc.
- Candidates need well-developed analytical skills including constructing advanced quantitative models, ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information into salient points. We are seeking candidates with proven creative problem-solving skills.
- Structured communication is crucial to the success of our managers. The ability to tell a story and present ideas and logic clearly and accurately, both written and verbally is important. We are seeking candidates with prior experience in negotiation, consultation and influencing skills.
- Candidates need to already have demonstrated an ability to work with stakeholders, engage with their personal and their organisation’s global network, and facilitate workshops. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their professional presence in their current role.
- 6+ years Financial Services experience required.
- 4+ years of experience in commercial/corporate banking, and professional services consulting experience including Client delivery
- Commercial Lending experience within the Financial Services industry is required.
- They need to already have contributed to the development of a new banking domain or the publication of banking thought leadership.
- Excellent graduate degree results (or international equivalent) required. Post graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years in consulting roles or consulting-like roles (such as internal consulting roles) is required.
- Australian banking experience preferred.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Sonali Arora is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.