|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter IT Technician, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and Bing search platforms.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon, and managed by, a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With personnel safety, environmental sustainability, and data security at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations -- we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that make Microsoft a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations!
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful Datacenter IT Technician (DCT), your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance across your datacenter activities
- Providing remote support guidance to third party personnel physically executing to:
- Power cycles, swapping of failed components, handling of storage media, and general troubleshooting for production, datacenter network, compute devices, and related infrastructure
- Coordinating physical equipment installation leveraging multiple teams and workflows supporting datacenter network, compute devices, and related infrastructure
- Providing remote support guidance to third-party personnel physically performing cable installations, testing, and troubleshooting standard datacenter grade networking optics, technologies and infrastructure
- Understanding and executing your activities within a ticket management platform
- If required, assisting Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Teams with shipping/receiving and inventory management activities to support high volume work activity
- Delivering to world-class customer service principles through your interactions and engagements pursuant to above activities
- Establishing and enhancing strong working relationships with multiple and varied internal teams and external suppliers
- Demonstrating a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
Fostering the OneMicrosoft culture and values with your team by promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Technical College degree or certification(s) in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
- University or college degree or certification(s) in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, or Network Certifications
- Working knowledge of physical Enterprise-class IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Basic project management experience or related certifications
- Experience with standard rack mountable infrastructures and cabling systems
- Relentless attention to detail amid ambiguity and complexity
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with datacenter-hosting vendors and lessors globally
- Previous experience working directly within a datacenter environment
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Backgro und Check:This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- NV1/2, PV Clearance Assessment: This position may require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.