|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) - enabling every company to be a digital business. We are a diverse group of technical architects, engineers, consultants, and service leaders, more than 15,000 strong, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. We drive $6B in revenue and $1B in contribution margin annually.
Microsoft Consulting Services success stories all have two things in common - they start with a need to improve the way a company does business, and they end in a proven solution that strategically integrates devices and services. If creating more world-class success stories intrigues you, this role provides a rich platform for making that a reality.
The Services Quality Assurance (SQA) team operates within the MCS organization as an independent entity to protect Microsoft and its customers from undue risk and enable their success through application of strong risk management and quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement. This role leads a team of highly experienced professionals in the Asia time zone organization, focusing on managing deal, delivery, and support quality, generating business insights, and continuously driving improvement across the Services business.
The SQA Director is responsible for leading a team assigned to a geographic and/or functional area(s) within the time zone and interfaces with teams and leaders at multiple levels of the Services organization.
- Be an enabler for the business by providing impactful Quality and Risk Mgt to protect & enable Microsoft, while maintaining “independent perspective”
- Providing strategic leadership to a team of risk management experts and ensure commitments and tasks are aligned with the overall strategies of the MCS Organization and SQA
- Coordinating/managing risk across the portfolio
- Assessment and support to increase practice maturity based on quality reviews
- Manage portfolio risk and ensure quality-related procedures and standards are implemented consistently to drive connected actions.
- Lead/Participate in risk and quality management reviews, deal reviews, supplier reviews, corrective action reviews, process improvement initiatives, audits, customer visits and strategy discussions
- Lead successful implementation of programs and strategic guidelines defined for Area/regional level by Services HQ for the Quality Assurance Portfolio
- Execute and support program management activities through analyzing, defining & representing business requirements.
- Ensure local needs are represented well to Corporate, Regional and Area projects and programs
- Respond proactively to the ongoing needs of sales, delivery and management staff, seeking opportunities to bring continuous improvement in business
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key business partners and serve as focal point for improvements, escalations, to initiate change management activities
- Driving continuous process improvement and landing quality initiatives in Asia
- Surface insights to help mature the business and drive continuous improvement in deal structuring
The successful candidate will demonstrate competencies including:
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior management relationships
- Extremely organized and process focused. Ability to clearly prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and deals in parallel and effectively achieve results through a largely indirect group of internal MS partners.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to have impact through influence
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to influence senior-level business stakeholders and manage expectations
- Communicate/Collaborate proactively and transparently
- Demonstrate decisiveness & courage to raise tough issues and collaborate/influence to find the right solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Role model Microsoft’s values
- Model, encourage and demand a growth mindset from your team
- Attract, develop & maintain top talent
- Ability to travel within the time zone as needed for quality reviews, coaching and connecting with local leadership
- Ability to travel to USA and Europe for leadership planning meetings
- The role will require 20-30% regional travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.