|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Specialist - Microsoft Teams (Perth Based)
Microsoft Teams is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Teams Technical Specialist (TS).
Microsoft TSs main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Workplace of Microsoft 365 and Surface. TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 suite, Teams, Surface and OEM Meeting/Calling devices sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for Teams Meetings, Calling and Devices ensuring customer security and compliance requirements are met; assisting with developing the Microsoft 365 Core, Teams Platform & Firstline ecosystem
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Secure Teams Meeting, Calling, and Devices sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft 365 suite, Teams Voice and Devices solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering. You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Related Microsoft Technology areas or Industry Equivalent Certification:
- Telecommunications or Networking Industry Certification (ieCTNP, CVA) or Vendor Certification (ie CCNA, CCNP, CCIEs for Voice or Networking)
- Microsoft Technologies: Core O365 platform certifications MS100/101, MS 70-336 or 70-337, Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft MS 700 Managing Microsoft Teams, Lync Masters
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.