|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Australia communications team provides strategic communications advice to the business, building and protecting Microsoft’s brand and reputation by influencing the external and internal narrative about Microsoft and its role in Australia. We do this by:
- Curating and telling the Microsoft Australia story to our people and the external market (media, influencers, customers and partners as well as key opinion leaders)
- Stewarding company news and product announcements, both local and global
- Developing and executing communications campaigns, including partnering with the marketing function to execute integrated marcomm strategies that support our business objectives
- Building employee advocacy, understanding of and passion for our products and our company so that employees feel part of the wider Microsoft Australia community; that they believe in our strategy, direction and leadership; and view the company as an environment where they are able to make a difference and be themselves
- Listening to, monitoring and informing conversations and opinions to help shape public perception of Microsoft and represent Microsoft’s point of view in the market
- Partnering with the Legal & Corporate Affairs team to advance the company’s public policy agenda
- We work through many communications channels including traditional and digital media, our own channels, social media, word of mouth and direct engagement with customers and partners as appropriate
- We hold ourselves accountable via strong alignment to business objectives and through effective measurement.
Microsoft Australia communications team, based in Sydney.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Director, the Communications Manager (External) will be responsible for:
- Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns for Microsoft’s consumer and enterprise/commercial businesses, as well as corporate communications campaigns
- Drive alignment across a diverse range of business stakeholders, locally and globally, in relation to specific PR announcements as well as broader marketing and communications campaigns
- Manage agency partners to deliver integrated campaigns which help us meet our business goals
We’re looking for someone with 5 – 7 years’ experience, ideally with a combination of agency and in-house experience. Enterprise/B2B or consumer tech experience is preferred.
Most importantly, we’re looking for a well-rounded communications specialist with strong creative flair, who is not afraid to take risks and who is always looking for new and interesting ways to engage key stakeholders.
You must be a team player who is happy to jump in and help in other areas of the business as needed, and who is passionate about their own personal growth and development.
The ability to engage with others (both internal stakeholders as well as agency partners) to build strong trusting relationships will be crucial to your success in this role, as will be the ability to see campaigns through from ideation to flawless execution.
- This external communications manager role drives the creation, management and execution of communications plans, strategies and tactics in support of Microsoft’s consumer and commercial businesses in Australia
- In addition, the successful candidate will support on corporate communications campaigns as it relates to areas like Philanthropies (CSR) and Sustainability
- This role will work closely with the rest of the Microsoft Australia Comms team and its agencies, in particular the Commercial Communications lead – and will report into the Corporate Communications Director.
- Ensures consistent management and execution of communications programs to increase positive perceptions of Microsoft’s consumer and commercial product portfolio and offerings in Australia
- Counsels and supports business stakeholders in building the right plans/tactical execution in support of positive perceptions for Microsoft’s consumer and commercial business in Australia, as well as corporate communications campaigns
- Partners with in-house resources and our PR agency partners to help create and communicate compelling stories via traditional and social media and other influencers
- Partners with Microsoft’s external PR agency, managing programs, campaigns and budget & resources
- Anticipates and helps to mitigate potential issues and crises
- Manages day-to-day product announcements
- Manages reactive response and core media relations with external PR agencies
- Event management and execution, directing agencies to maximise delivery and ROI
Key success criteria
- Demonstrated passion for technology and the value it brings to consumers and organisations of all sizes
- Ability to seek out social and traditional media opportunities to help amplify our products, services and brand
- Gains respect and is viewed as an excellent partner to internal stakeholders
- A self-starter who can work through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Managing agency activity to a high standard and enabling their success
- Takes a highly collaborative approach to PR and communications, including the ability to resolve conflict and ambiguity to craft a one Microsoft story with external resonance. This will include partnership with colleagues across the marketing team
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Forward-thinking individual who has a passion for PR and marketing communications as well as for technology and, critically for Microsoft
- The candidate must possess extensive PR & Communications experience at an Australian PR agency or in-house (or both), working with recognised enterprise or consumer tech brands
- Mix of both agency and in-house experience preferred but not essential
- Strong track record in managing PR campaigns and agency resources to deliver tangible results
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Australian traditional and social media landscape
- Experienced in giving senior level counsel
- Proven experience of managing integrated marketing campaigns preferred
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- The candidate should possess excellent collaboration skills and a demonstrated ability to partner well with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to suggest new ideas and solutions, solve problems creatively, develop new ideas and approaches to unusual or difficult situations
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Ability to form an opinion and challenge
- Action oriented and results-driven
- Solid writing skills
- Media relations
- Social media
- Degree-level qualification preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.