|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a GIS Manager to join our growing business. You will be responsible for developing the Australian Hub’s Spatial Engineering strategy and execute on projects or tenders, to drive greater certainty of delivery in work winning and deliver of projects. Support the business’ broader Digital Engineering and data journey and further develop Laing O’Rourke offering as an Engineering Enterprise.
- Develop and implement a hub wide Spatial Engineering strategy in conjunction with the Data Insight Team Lead that aligns with Laing O’Rourke’s Data and DE strategy
- Managing projects at an ‘overseeing’ level - acting as GIS Lead and interface between project teams and GIS team. Interpreting and managing the delivery requirements from the GIS team on a project-by-project basis.
- Ensure spatial engineering requirements for projects are captured in the DEEP/DEMP, and relevant Protocols are in place and GIS is in place for each relevant project
- To act as a clear conduit between management and the team, and be positioned and capable to support Regional Team Leaders around stakeholder engagement.
- Upskill and support the development of a wider pool of GIS capability across the DE team to support the broader GIS strategy.
- Provide upskilling training/awareness and workshops when applicable to support communication of spatial engineering and GIS in Hub talent development programmes
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrable experience in spatial systems with a minimum of 5 years on construction projects
- Demonstrated Spatial Engineering/GIS application with clients, across business units and with our delivery partners (JV’s, sub-contractors, consultants) sharing knowledge and promoting best practice.
- Engagement with relevant professional Institutions.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.