|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring Australia is undergoing extensive and positive change as we expand and grow. In addition to contributing to Australia’s export economy, CSL has invested and continues to invest in substantial new manufacturing facilities that will support CSL’s global strategy and provide the network with crucial supply of product sourced from our Melbourne facility.
A permanent full time position is available for a Project Director, Base Fractionation. This key role is responsible to oversee a multi-disciplinary project to deliver large scale Base Fractionation cGMP production capacity and supporting infrastructure at CSL Behring Broadmeadows which will transform the site. You will partner with stakeholders within the Network Strategy, Global Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Regulatory, Finance and Commercial teams to ensure the project is completed within the approved budget and timelines and realises the planned business value.
Your responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Displaying and leading by example to ensure and support an ongoing high performance culture by active communication of organisational objectives; Encourage commitment to the achievement of defined business goals.
- Identifying and developing strategies to mitigate risks, manage complexity associated with scale up, tech transfer and introduction of new technologies and represent the project in internal and external governance forums.
- Working closely with Finance and Project Controls, oversee the approved capital budget, business value realisation; Responsible for preparing Capital Approval Requests for additional production modules as required
- Coordinating Operational and Work Force Plans to ensure a smooth transition is made from the project phase to operational ramp up phase.
- Ensuring CSL Behring global management systems, governance systems and processes are implemented in all areas including regulatory affairs, technical transfer, quality, global change control, IT, project management, finance, planning, logistics, HR and environmental health and safety.
- Ensure the manufacturing process and facility design meet the requirements detailed by Global Engineering and the Global Base Fractionation design requirements. A particular emphasis on technology transfer and global change control processes will be required to ensure global alignment is maintained at all stages of the project.
To be successful:
- A senior leader with experience and a broad understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and international regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and cross-functional teams, managing timelines, budgets and project reporting.
- Experience in the construction and/or operations of a large scale cGMP facility and understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory audit experience
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing ability of technical experts and stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- A strategic thinker and ability to identify and resolve potential issues and mitigate risks
Apply now to join CSL Behring in role that will shape the future of our operational capability and to achieve Our Promise to Patients. Please include your resume and cover letter in the one document. Applications close 23 October, 2020.