|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Supporting the transformation of our stores, partnering with the Format & Network Development Team
- Analytical powerhouse, delivering key operational analysis and commercial insights
- Norwest location, in a dynamic and agile Finance team
More than just an account keeping function our finance team are sought after commercial business partners and advisors who understand the business’ strategic direction and needs. We collaborate to shape successful business decisions and maintain trust and credibility through an independent voice whilst maintaining the financial integrity of the business. Generating innovative ideas, providing leading edge solutions and anticipating and delivering on changing customer needs is at the forefront of what we do.
As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities. The Woolworths Group Finance team is positioned to support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focussing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders.
About the role
Woolworths people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
The purpose of this role is to partner with the Format & Network Development team (predominantly Operations and Commercial) to support the successful deployment of the programs undertaken by Format & Network Development. Programs include (but not limited to) the bricks and mortar renewal store renewal program, various centre of store and upgrade and commercial initiatives, new landed programs and initiatives including smart store and customer fulfillment centres.
The role will be responsible for providing periodic reporting of performance of the program overall at a store level and across categories to identify and analyse themes, key trends and actionable insights to be shared and acted upon by the Format Development team.
You are currently a driven & consultative Finance Business Analyst with a minimum of 3 years previous experience in a multi-functional team and / or experience in the retail or FMCG sectors. You have a genuine curiosity about technology and adept at process improvements.
- CA / CPA Qualification preferred but not essential
- Strong data analysis skills
- Solid presentation and storyboarding skills to engage audience of varied seniority.
- Able to make the complex simple
- Excellent commercial acumen, able to speak the same language as key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate effectively key messages with stakeholders, have an adaptive style and influence outcomes.
- Prioritise team efforts to support business requirements
- Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau and Qliksense, partnered with SQL/Python programming language skills (preferred, but not essential)
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You