|Location:||Canning Vale, Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As Downer embarks on the next phase of growth, our Rail & Civil Infrastructure division are now seeking to engage a Quantity Surveyor (Pre-Contracts) in our tendering team based from our Canning Vale office.
You will play a key role within our expanding Rail / Civils team to prepare accurate material and quantity take-offs, generate Bills of Quantities and obtain supplier and subcontract pricing as well working with the operations team on methodology and programme so we can submit a compelling competitive tender.
We envisage the successful applicant to have strong demonstrated experience in Quantity Surveying and procurement, ideally from within a similar, large contractor organisation with the proven ability to understand complex tender documents and a strong understanding of the bidding and tendering process.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in Quantity Surveying with the ability to assess commercial and technical aspects of supplier and subcontractor quotations
- Experience with propriety material take-off software and high level of computer literacy
- Experience in sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations
- Experience within rail, civil construction and contracting work both in the Pilbara and Perth
- Knowledge of bidding and tendering processes
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Collaborative and supportive team player
- Effective problem-solving techniques and skills
- Effective time management skills and planning including sequencing of work
- Qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent
In return we offer:
- Excellent opportunity to make a difference with a growing and forward thinking company
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- Great employee benefits, including free onsite parking
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
To apply please click the “Apply Now” button below.
For more information contact: Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send applications to this email address as they will not be accepted.