|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking experienced Blast Hole Drillers to join the Downer Drill and Blast team on the Gruyere Gold Mine. You will be working with a high performing and diverse team, focused on safe and efficient operation across the open cut mining project.
Gruyere Gold Mine is located 200km east of Laverton and has a long 12-year mine life. Your trip to site is only a short 1hr 15min flight from Perth and camp is connected to the airport, so there is no need for an extra bus hike on your arrival. The current operating roster is 2 weeks on, 1 week off.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety
- Previous experience in a open-pit production mining environment, operating platform and articulated drill rigs (including D65, Cat MD6240)
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Current manual C-class license essential
- Current National Police Clearance will be required to work on this site.
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate and 5 weeks of leave;
- Permanent room allocation
- Numerous financial benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
These are permanent employment opportunities for individuals with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining.
Please apply directly through SEEK or the Downer Careers page, so you do not miss out on this opportunity! If Gold is not your preference, be sure to look at the other vacancies on our website!
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we are only considering WA based applicants initially. However, as the situation evolves, we will revisit interstate applications so do not hesitate in applying.