|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Exciting permanent opportunity to join our Group Risk team!
About the Role
As one of our Compliance Advisors you will hold accountability for developing and driving regulatory compliance under the guidance of our Regulatory Compliance Senior Manager.
- Provision of compliance advice, awareness and assurance support to the BoQ Group
- Working in collaboration with the non-financial risk teams, internal stakeholders and other risk people across the BoQ Group to promote a positive compliance culture and ensure policy and processes are implemented and maintained in line with requirements.
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures and embedding of new requirements.
- Management of incidents and Compliance inbox management.
- Specifically, this role will include:
- Constructively challenging the front line risk assessments where appropriate
- Engaging business stakeholders across the BoQ Group
- Balance compliance outcomes with business strategy delivery
- Escalation as appropriate
We are seeking an individual with demonstrated experience in a similar role with the below skills and attributes:
- Prior experience in regulatory compliance within the banking and financial services industry
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Compliance, Legal, Risk or Business desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge working across the Corporations Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act and Rules, APRA Prudential Standards, ASIC regulatory guides and the Banking Code of Practice
- Involvement in compliance incident management
- Providing advice to senior management and committees
- Ability to research and interpret regulation, staying informed of changing requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide advice to senior management and committees
**Please note, we are open to recent graduates from financial services Compliance or Risk grad-programs that are looking to grow and develop their careers further**
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.