|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Sydney or Brisbane Location
- Suit experienced Operational Risk Manager, Business Banking - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
Working within BOQ Business – predominantly supporting its relationship based asset finance division – you will be responsible for providing Line 1 Operational & Compliance Risk support: working collaboratively in the identification, analysis, evaluation, treatment and reporting of all operational & compliance risk issues and incidents within the Division.
As the Line 1 Operational Risk Manager, you will successfully identify, analyse, evaluate and treat key operational risks by coordinating and undertaking risk assessments for the Division. You will identify and assess the control environment and manage issues/incidents as they arise.
Specifically you will:
- Provide technical operational risk support, guidance and advice to business partners to understand and adhere to the Operational Risk Management Framework;
- Monitoring adherence to policies and identifying and escalating gaps;
- Collating operational risk information and data for reporting and insights
- Assisting to evaluate risk culture
As an experienced Operational Risk manager, you will have:
- 3-5 years’ Operational Risk experience in a financial services firm in either Line 1 or Line 2
- Knowledge of legislation, regulation and Codes that affect the Bank’s business e.g. Corporations Act, Financial Services Regulation, ASIC Act, Code of Banking Practice etc.
- You will have proven ability in balancing outcomes between compliance requirements and business objectives, and
- Knowledge in risk management, coupled with exceptional influencing and persuasion skills.
At BOQ we support our people to be their best! We are passionate about providing opportunities for you to grow and develop your career with us. We value integrity, place empathy at the core of everything we do, and are committed to re-imagining banking for our customers, shareholders and our people. We are proud to back Australian businesses.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! It’s our people that help us achieve and make things possible.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.