|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
- 6 Month Fixed Term Contract or 6 Month Secondment position
About the role:
An opportunity for a KYC Analyst to assist with the uplift of the Banks On-going Customer Due Diligence (OCDD) requirements. This customer focused role will involve conducting outbound and inbound calls to ensure individual and non-individual customer details are current in accordance with BOQ's OCDD standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contact customers in accordance with OCDD processes to verify and update primary KYC details
- Accurately and effectively update customer details using key systems while meeting team and individual KPIs
- Deliver on agreed daily call targets, communicate progress and escalate any issues to leaders
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information in line with internal policies
- Assist with ad hoc KYC tasks
To be considered for the role, you will display demonstrated experience within a customer service role (supporting internal or external stakeholders) and have an interest in KYC, AML & CTF processes.
In addition to this you will display the ability to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers
- Maintain call quality standards and attention to detail
- Work within defined policies and procedures
- Coach and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Work within the changing needs of the business, our customers and people.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.