|Job Type:||Full Time|
Health & Safety Advisor
- Site based regional role with the flexibility to work from Perth as required
- Support Pilbara Integration and Assets Divisions
- 5 days on, 2 off, 4 days on 3 off – FIFO from Perth
About the role
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join the team to support and deliver H&S services. Working with a team of Advisors, this role will support the implementation of the RTIO H&S Management System and effective delivery of the Iron Ore H&S Strategy.
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate and self-motivated individual to join the team and support several areas across the business such as Technical Services, Asset Management and Engineering Services, Integrated Operations, Studies & Technology and Rail Engineering.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Superintendent, you will be:
- Providing advice and support with implementation of legislated health and safety requirements;
- Supporting Operational leaders and Contractor Partners to build their safety leadership capabilities;
- Delivery of SMM improvement action plan;
- Embedding and sustaining critical risk management;
- Prevention of catastrophic events and eliminating injuries;
- Risk management and supporting material risk reduction;
- Roll out of HS fundamentals initiatives, training and coaching programs such as PSI, QSI and LiF;
- Coach, support and influence leaders with the utilisation of safety tools and standards (CRM, RTBS system and MoC);
- Support assurance programs (first party, business conformance and regulatory assessments);
- Incident management including investigation, analysis, corrective action development and quality control of incident data.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Experience working in an operational health and safety role, coupled with a passion for, and sound knowledge of health and safety
- Tertiary Health and Safety Qualification
- Strong engaging and influencing skills, with the ability to coach leaders and to think strategically across the business value chain
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities supporting multiple stakeholder groups with strong problem solving skills
- Computer skills including experience using prospect reporting tools and Microsoft office suite
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Solutions based mind-set
- Contractor management / partnership
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 27th October 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.