Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, and more. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
As a Software Architect for UI Platform, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools. UI Platform’s mission is for every Atlassian cloud product to have a reliable, familiar and distinct Atlassian experience that is built on outstanding foundations and workflows. The platform is crucial to ensure that customers can benefit from performant, reliable and delightful user experiences on the web and on mobile. As an architect you're responsible for setting the technical vision and ensuring the team moves towards it.
You'll not only be working in but will actively craft our maturing and fast-paced SaaS environment. Our architects also help to nurture the engineering culture that directly advises how we build our products. You will be answering: what does the painted picture for the future of cloud development look like and how do we get there? You'll guide developers in understanding what things we worry about when crafting a new service, and anything that we shouldn't. You will help the engineering org scale as we hire more and more engineers. You will also collaborate across Atlassian to ensure project dependencies all move in the same direction at the same time.
To succeed, you'll need real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale services, and modern frontend experiences. Be passionate about the developer platforms and extensibility, and have the ability to ask the tough questions. Being a natural at working across functional areas are traits that will serve you well along with an ability to communicate ideas with developers, partners and the public in both written and spoken form.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Deep experience with modern cross-platform frontend engineering practices e.g. React, Google Rail, SSR, bundlers, mono repo management, mobile native, etc.
- Natural acumen around building resilient, scalable systems that use dozens of micro-services
- You are hands-on and have achieved proficiency of your craft.
- Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software.
- You have engineering skills to produce software with quality.
- Excellent communication to build and articulate a technical vision for the product.
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills with experience in leading large projects.
- Consistent record of translating product goals into engineering reality.
- Experience taking care of opposing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Extensive experience in software engineering.
- Background as an enterprise software architect with demonstrated success in defining and driving software technical roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability to influence multi-functional teams and inspire change to lead sophisticated technical initiatives to successful conclusion.
- Experience building reusable frontend components and experience with Design Systems a plus.
- Experience with AWS and associated cloud technologies is a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across sophisticated products and systems.
- Demonstrated values through leading by example, and being an active representative of Atlassian values and culture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent qualification expected.
- Experience with developing mobile components or applications a plus.
- Experience scaling large frontend tooling and infrastructure a plus.
- Experience with CI and containerisation e.g. Kubernetes a plus.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.