|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- Work with a high performing & progressive team and be a part of making a difference to the broader society
- Flexible and inclusive work environment - this role can be either full time or part time
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
Your new team…
Our investments department values its people and capability above all. Having made the decision to bring investment management capability inhouse means you are surrounded by a cohort of likeminded professionals. We believe the people we work with is critical ensure we deliver the best outcomes for our members and so you will join a group of dedicated and talented individuals who will support and motivate you to deliver excellent outcomes.
Covering Asset Allocation & Research, Total Portfolio Management, Fixed Income & Currency, Capital Markets, Equities, Mid Risk, Investments Group Management and International this is an environment that makes you feel trusted and respected. You will feel enabled to have an interesting career as well and fulfilling life with workplace flexibility because at AustralianSuper, every role can flex!
Your new role…
In this role, you will be working with a small team where every voice is heard, and you will have a say in the investments we make.
The primary role is to assist senior members of the Australian equity team undertake research in the mining, chemicals & energy sectors in the Australian market to identify suitable portfolio companies.
The secondary role is to assist, as required, in managing the broader Australian equity portfolio.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct fundamental analysis of the companies in the sector and build appropriate valuation models to be used in the investment decision making process
- Undertake continuous monitoring of designated companies within the mining, energy and chemicals sectors
- Analytical process in undertaking fundamental industry analysis by meeting with:
o Senior management of the relevant companies
o Other industry participants, including competitors, suppliers, clients, regulators and analysts including from broking, consulting and academia
- Attending industry related conferences
- Being a principal contact for stakeholder engagement and assisting with issues relating to corporate actions and ESG stewardship
- Participating in team portfolio meetings by contributing to the discussions on portfolio composition
- Working closely with colleagues in research teams
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a professional capacity in the mining, chemicals or energy industries, or experience covering these sectors with a consulting firm
- An engineering or science degree which matches the underlying experience
- Tertiary qualifications that demonstrate an aptitude to learn valuation and financial principles
- Overseas experience is beneficial
What you will get in return…
This role will offer the opportunity to grow your skill set, giving you opportunity to use your current knowledge while learning skills across the broader HR offering. You will be working with a Manager who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.