|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Group Data Science team works on the frameworks and libraries that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to progress from data to impact. You will guide our partners through data science solutions to transform their businesses to enhance performance across different business measures.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real market impact across all of Woolworths’ brands. You will influence many of the recommendations our stakeholders need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance. Most of all, you are happy to both develop and support pipelines in production. You will utilise your experience in extracting and loading data from multiple database technologies like RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), MPP (AWS Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake).
In this role you will:
- Work closely with our stakeholders, data scientists and industry experts to curate problem specific datasets that feed directly into our machine learning and modelling approach. To model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Experience in productionising data pipelines
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Understand, assess and map the data landscape
- Work with a myriad of data types (i.e. structured and unstructured), extracting information from modern and legacy data platforms and identify and perform linkages across disparate data sets
- Maintain our Information Security standards on the engagement
- Define the technology stack to be provisioned by our infrastructure team
- Build modular pipelines to construct features and modelling tables
- Use new and creative techniques to deliver impact for our stakeholders as well as internal R&D project
As our successful candidate you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering, a related technical field or have proven experience in a similar role where you have worked across data migration, transformation & integration being hands on working with Cloud technologies. You are an expert with data structures and algorithms, networking, operating systems and foundational experience standard unix/linux operating systems, version control and DevSecOps tool chains. Along with a background in coding with at least one of these programming languages (i.e. C, Java, Scala, Python etc.) Demonstrated ability in ensuring end-to-end solution designs meet the needs of the client, provide for a quality technical solution, and comply with architectural directions and enterprise standards.
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day. #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.