|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- This role would suit a paralegal with exposure to commercial lending settlements and documentation looking to move into Banking
- Sydney CBD Based role
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.
Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative.
Although our products are innovative, it’s our client service that sets us apart. We are a client-centric banking business and see our client service offering as our key differentiator.
About the role
As part of a close knit team you will be responsible for:
- Management of settlement process of Commercial property and goodwill lending transactions from documentation through to disbursement of funds at settlement in an accurate, timely and organised manner.
- Preparation of legal documentation for in-house settlements and instruction of external lawyers for all other settlements.
- Communication with the sales team and credit analysts to obtain required information both pre and post settlement.
- Ensuring conditions precedent are satisfied and all necessary approvals obtained prior to settlement
- Checking that all documentation has been executed correctly and all approval conditions are satisfied prior to settlement and the release of funds.
- Reviewing all documentation is correctly executed prior to settlement and release of funds.
- Registration of the banks security interests.
- Liaising with panel solicitors.
- Completion of post-settlement loan maintenance and discharge tasks as required.
- Tertiary qualifications (Commerce/ Law/ Finance) preferred but not essential
- Paralegal or settlements skills relating to commercial or residential lending transactions; or
- Wide knowledge of different commercial lending products.
- Experience in banking and finance industry in similar role.
- Basic knowledge of Personal Property Securities (PPS)
- Microsoft suite of products
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and high expectations in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrates initiative and strives to continuously improve
- Problem solving skills
Be part of the journey for BOQ and enjoy:
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- Discounted financial products
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks