|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Senior Azure Data Engineer who is passionate about cloud based solutions!
About the Role
As a Senior Azure Data Engineer, you will work with multiple teams to deliver solutions on the Azure Cloud using core cloud data warehouse tools (Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DW and other Data related technologies).
In addition to building the next generation of application data platforms for the Bank you will mentor other team members to build a team of highly skilled data Engineers and developers (please note this is a data engineer from the application side). As a Senior Azure Data Engineer you must be able to analyse data and develop strategies for populating data lakes as this is not an infrastructure position. You may also be called upon to do complex coding using SQL, R, Python and SAS-SQL.
- Expertise in Any ETL tool i.e. (SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage)
- Expertise to Implementing Data warehousing Solutions
- Experience as Data Engineer in Azure Big Data Environment
- Programming experience in Scala or Python, SQL
- Hands-on experience in Azure stack (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks), please note this is mandatory
- Excellent understanding of other Azure services like Azure Data Lake Analytics & U-SQL, Azure SQL DW
- Excellent understanding of Azure Databricks platform and can build data analytics solutions to support the required performance & scale
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly those that apply to a big data environment
- Excellent Understanding of Modern Data Warehouse/Lambda Architecture, Data warehousing concepts
- Proficient in a source code control system such as GIT
- Knowledge of C#
- Ability to code
- Ability to use word to create required technical documentation
Having gained your experience from working in the financial services industry you will be Azure certified with ideally an Information Technology degree. You enjoy working as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions whilst building key relationships with all levels of internal stakeholders within BoQ. You will have the ability to moderately make autonomous operational decisions and may interpret and apply policy and standards.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.