|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an ambitious roadmap of complex problems to solve over the next 12 months and require a Lead Software Engineer to help guide and lead a team through. Some of the things you'll be involved in over the next 12 months.
- Work closely with the web and mobile app team to develop amazing, personalised experiences for our customers.
- Increase our machine learning and data software engineering capability
- Design solutions that solve business problems and align to our overall company strategy
Let's talk data
Our architecture is based on a Gated Data Lake pattern, with clearly segregated Data Ops for operational processes and Data Enrichment for analytical processes including reporting, machine learning and deep learning.At a high level, our Data Enrichment platform is composed of infinitely scalable analytic projections that are entirely built with code based pipelines, while our DataOps platform is stateless and containerised for moving data around in real-time based on events or on a schedule. We're always evolving our tech stack, but here's some of what we use.
AWS, Snowflake, Uber Cadence, Python, Scala, DBT, Event Streaming (Kafka), Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Ops (Airflow)
Let's talk about you!
First and foremost we look for high performing software engineers with advanced skills in Python or Scala and all things AWS. Experience in TDD / DevOps is essential.
- Demonstrated experience nurturing and growing a modern SE agile delivery team, you're a people leader, as well as a tech lead
- You love solving business and customer problems and actively work cross functionally with other engineers to design the best solutions
- Unique expertise in any of the following - Big Data, Event Based Architecture, Machine Learning or Standing up Data Ops Frameworks would really help.
Sound like you?
That's a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas we offer genuine flexible family life / work balance e.g. adjusted days, hours. Health, well-being and social initiatives to help you feel great and connected, as well as our hugely popular extra week of leave program.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home an office or a combination of both.
Always living and breathing our values. Act Right, Show Care, Be Curious
We're Latitude, partners in money
Latitude may seem like the new kid on the block, but it's taken us almost a hundred years to become an overnight success.
Digital payments, cards, loans and insurance is what we offer - but what we really do is help people from all walks of life shop and live better.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check (including criminal history and bankruptcy check) prior to commencement of employment. Only open to Australian or New Zealand Permanent Residents or Citizens