|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Water & Environment team provides strategic and practical solutions to clients with environmental management challenges. We are currently seeking a Senior Ecologist to join our Melbourne based team and take a lead role in growing and mentoring our emerging team. You will benefit from drawing upon the skills and experience of a national team that has industry experts across Marine, Aquatic, Bushfire and Terrestrial Ecology in QLD and NSW.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Providing advice to a variety of infrastructure and natural resource management projects for private and public sector clients
- Delivering environmental surveys and impact assessments of terrestrial ecosystems, specifically flora and fauna, biodiversity and habitat
- Delivering environmental analyses and mapping, research and field surveys
- Producing high quality technical reports
- Maintaining key relationships with internal and external clients while actively pursuing new business opportunities
- Acting as a professional mentor to junior staff and assisting with their professional development
Ideally you will possess -
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science and/or Ecology.
- Demonstrated identification skills in Victorian flora, fauna and ecological communities.
- Vegetation Quality Assessment (VQA) qualifications required.
- At least five years post graduate experience ideally within a consulting, construction, or regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated GIS experience, including use of field collection mapping tools.
- Solid understanding of Commonwealth, state and local government environmental regulations and their application as well as relevant industry standards, practices and approvals processes.
- Demonstrated business development skills and client network.
- Excellent interpersonal to liaise with internal/external clients as well as develop skills in junior staff.
- Driver's license essential, 4WD experience and accreditation preferable.
- Strong commercial acumen to financially manage projects
- Flexibility to travel occasionally.
- Position includes both office and fieldwork and the applicant must be physically able to stand and work in the field including in remote areas for extended periods of time.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.