South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
TEMCO is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Maintenance, this role will lead a team of engineers and specialists responsible for the development and updating of Maintenance strategies aligned to the South32 Care strategy of Well-Designed Work principles, the analysis of maintenance planning and execution performance against the business priorities that enable a culture of continuous improvement and functional excellence at TEMCO.
Other accountabilities include:
- Facilitate the execution of and support Maintenance improvement initiatives to deliver improvement implementation.
- Develop suitable maintenance strategies that is complaint to legislative requirements and best practice with the objective to deliver safe work outcomes.
- Develop and manage master data and spares holding limits as per defined strategies.
- Report against the scheduled Maintenance plan and elevate non-compliance to the relevant Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure continuous effective management of critical risk areas under Maintenance Analysis & Improvement control.
- Provide input into and sign off on the development of the weekly and monthly maintenance plans, forecast and schedule with relevant Maintenance stakeholders.
- Analyse Maintenance performance metrics and benchmarked performance across the function and in other South32 businesses and similar operations to make informed decisions on how to improve Maintenance performance
- Accountable for training curriculum, development of training materials and strategy for the Maintenance functions.
- Provides input into the Maintenance budget development, cost control measures, operating standards and safe work instructions by developing integrated/comprehensive task lists inclusive of material and service master detail.
This role will be based at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
- Degree or. Associate Diploma, Certificate in a relevant Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance Engineering field
- Trade Certificate or equivalent recognition in Mechanical engineering area
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple teams of technicians, engineers and specialists in Plant / Processing heavy industry
- Operational experience with Work Management principals, Failure analysis processes and contractor management
- Previous experience in Continuous Improvement role
- Financial skills to assess business impact/results of initiatives
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.