|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning. We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities. The Woolworths Finance team is positioned to support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focusing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Analyst to join the Woolworths Commercial Finance team. In this role, you will partner with the Delivery & Support team in business case development and benefits tracking for initiatives driving growth across Supermarkets. In addition to this, you will support the Buying Support and Communications & Events teams that support Supermarkets. Key to this role is influencing and challenging assumptions used in the business case development along with analysing results to drive value creation for the business.
- Development of business case from ideation through to benefits tracking supporting the team at each stage of the process
- Challenging assumptions used in the creation of the business to ascertain an appropriate level of risk in line with the Group’s Risk Framework
- Benefits tracking for related initiatives to determine the performance against targets
- Consolidated reporting of benefits by stream/initiative for Business Unit and Group reporting
- Support annual operating plan in line with the Group’s Capital priorities
- Responsible for consolidating the monthly forecast process
- Managing costs against budget/targets and assisting key stakeholders to monitor budgets/targets
- Posting month end journals to allocate income and expenses related to the Events & Communications team in addition to Labour associated with projects
- Consolidate overall Delivery Support Capital spend and Overheads
- Identify process improvement and drive change to implement these improvements
- Work across Finance to ensure we have integrity in our underlying systems and data
You are currently a successful finance professional who is excited about working within an agile and high-performing culture. You have strong business partnering experience and enjoy being at the front of your business partners to help bring the numbers to life through understanding the nexus between operational actions and financial results. You are passionate about data analysis, able to synthecise and draw insights to provide the commercially viable business solutions. You will also have the following:
- CA / CPA Qualification required with demonstrated financial experience
- 3+ years commercial experience, ideally in an FMCG / Retail environment but not essential
- Strong data analysis and modelling skills to analyse and summarise high volumes of data
- Strong communication, presentation and storyboarding skills
- Previous experience in budgeting, reporting and analysis
- Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
- Advanced systems experience e.g. Microsoft Office applications (inc. Excel, Power Point), TM1, SAP, GCP/SQL
- Comfortable using the Google Suite, including Google Sheets and Google Slides
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You