|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Project Engineer (Structures/Civil) to join the South Eastern Program Alliance team based in Surrey Hills,
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), is working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that project plans are implemented in accordance with designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects, review and make recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
- Support the procurement process for contractors with the Commercial / Procurement team.
- Monitor construction progress for the area of work against programme and budget and report to the Project Manager.
- Detail the mid and short range planning and monitor their 3 monthly schedules.
- Ensure that the require Quality Control processes are created, maintained and used correctly (ITP’s, ITR’s, etc.).
- Provide direction and supervision for Site Engineers and other direct reports, as required.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders relating to the area of work.
- A relevant engineering degree (Civil or Structural)
- Experience on large scale civil/rail/transport infrastructure and/or building projects, ideally in Australia
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered