|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Flexibility on location of role, can be based from either Sydney or Brisbane
- Suits an experienced Data Modeller who is looking for a longer term contract opportunity
About the Role
BOQ is looking for an enthusiastic Data Modeller who is passionate about all things data integration, ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Bricks & Data Factory to join us on a 24mth max-term role. In this role you will join a Data DevOps team working on different challenges like setting-up the data platform which will service multiple Biz Dev/Ops teams of the bank (Risk, Finance etc) on a common platform native cloud (Azure).
- Be responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the modelling of the RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL)
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization
- Develop and maintain ETL specifications for data integration development
- Define and deliver consistent data modelling and data architecture standards, methodologies, guidelines and techniques
- Serve as source of knowledge of data warehouse data architecture practices and processes
- Participate in the development of enterprise standards and guidelines for data model quality and accuracy to support information management
- Audit project level data model quality deliverables to ensure that practices and standards are met
- Create and maintain data dictionary documents, table and data lineage models and produce artefacts to support project development
You prefer to work as a true business partner where you have multiple years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols). You will have solid experience with data modelling, data warehouse design and data lake concepts and practices where you have exposure working with Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage (Blob or Data Lake), Databricks, SQL Azure DB, SQL Azure DW and Azure DevOps – CI/CD and be comfortable to facilitate presentations and engage with all levels of stakeholders. You will ideally have experience working in an Agile environment, preferably with your experience gained from working within the financial services industry.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.