|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Fantastic new opportunity for 3 x Senior Project Developers
- 2 year fixed term contract with possibility to extend
- Based in Eastern Creek/Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sporting fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for motivated and driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us, you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the Energy Industry with the release of the Integrated System Plan (ISP). The Plan provides for a coordinated approach to incorporating new solar, wind and gas-fired generation, supported by energy storage into the grid. The plan recommends an integrated pathway for strategic development of the power system through transmission planning. The ISP provides significant opportunities for TransGrid employees to work collaboratively, as we progress the development of projects through to site construction and commissioning, and then ongoing operations and maintenance.
The Senior Project Developer role at TransGrid is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced individual to provide technical leadership for the development and coordination of engineering design, planning approvals, preparation of option feasibility studies, concept scoping report and overall project / program management of the development phase of a number of transmission projects.
As a Senior Project Developer, you will:
- Lead projects that deliver on quality, schedule and commercial outcomes with the highest safety and environmental performance.
- Manage the execution of the planning, development and delivery phase of major prescribed projects involving regulatory approval, property acquisition and major environmental approvals to achieve completion within agreed budget, time and accepted quality standards
- Apply technical knowledge to analyse and develop design options, projects schedules, cost and risks in a project management framework
- Effectively manage risk, quality, resources, communications, procurement and cost control associated with major projects.
- Drive a focussed, commercial perspective in the professional completion of works.
- Monitor and report to management on project progress, risks, cost and performance against program and budget targets using appropriate software tools
- Communicate and engage with project stakeholders including external consultants to provide specific inputs to the planning and development of the project.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on compliance with relevant financial requirements, developing, implementing and operating budgets for management activities
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders, government, industry and infrastructure connection proponents in the successful planning and development of the projects.
- Execute high level negotiations with contractors, monitor their performance and ensure a strong commercial contract frameworks in conjunction with the Procurement team
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Substantial experience in managing a range of project management activates for transmission line and substation projects including coordination of design, environment, regulatory approvals and stakeholder engagement activities
- Experience in identifying key issues and alternatives across the areas of design, environmental assessment, and construction.
- Substantial experience in the development of detailed project programs and cost estimates for projects.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects
- Good interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills to provide specialist technical advice
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Current driver’s licence and the ability to work away from assigned location
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.