|Job Type:||Full Time|
HAS YOUR JOB BEEN AFFECTED BY COVID-19?
DO YOU WANT AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A DOWNER CREW IN WHANGANUI?
Downer NZ is presenting an opportunity to recharge your career by completing our Road Ready programme.
Road Ready is a one-week training programme, starting 2 November 2020 in Palmerston North, designed for people who have had their employment affected by Covid-19. This is a course to get you upskilled and ready for work with us in the Civil Infrastructure industry. Once you have successfully completed the programme, we will place you into a Full time, Fixed term position to hit the ground running!
We have the following roles available:
Traffic Controllers/Site Traffic Management Supervisors (STMS)
Traffic Management offers a variety of career opportunities ranging from entry-level operational roles to more technical roles specialising in the design and development of Traffic Management Plans. Our teams are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients and the general public whilst maintaining a Zero Harm environment.
Labourers and Driver Operators
As a physically fit and motivated person, you will join our crew to lend a helping hand as a General Labourer/Driver Operator. This is an entry-level opportunity for someone interested in civil construction and roading. You will be involved in the general operation of trucks and machinery as well as day to day manual labouring duties.
Programme selection criteria:
To join this programme, we are looking for individuals who are motivated and committed to complete the training and join the Downer team. You should also:
- Hold a Full Class 1 New Zealand driver’s license (Class 2+ is even better!)
- Show commitment to safe work practices
- Have the ability to work any given day of the week
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual handling tasks
- Enjoy working outdoors and within a team
- Be able to attend the one-week Road Ready programme in Palmerston North starting Monday, 2 November 2020
Benefits of this programme:
We will pay for the costs associated with your training and once you successfully complete the course, we are able to offer you:
- A rewarding pay rate
- Full-time employment with a minimum of 40 hours guaranteed
- A stable work environment with a reliable employer
- A real focus on a safe working environment with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Ongoing workplace support with training and development opportunities
- The programme costs for your travel, accommodation and food will be covered for the week
How to apply:
If this sounds like a fitting next move for you, head over to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 573289 and register your interest today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.