|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services Business Unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Due to continued business growth, the newly created role of Senior Project Engineer has become available. Working with a team of industry experts you will work within our National Airfields and Specialist Pavements Business.
This role is ideally suited to candidates with experience with Asphalt, Surfacing & Paving or Civil Construction with a focus on Airports and Racetracks . This role will require national travel and will be responsible for the operational management of various projects ensuring Zero Harm, cost and quality delivery meet contract specifications.
- Ideally, you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering or a related discipline and have exposure in Airports, Racetrack, Civil Road Construction or Road maintenance
- A successful track record of proactively building relationships with key clients, stakeholders and developing new business opportunities
- Strong negotiation & problem-solving skills
- A well-developed understanding of planning, execution and financial reporting of projects
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- A proactive approach to change management with the capacity to lead and inspire teams
- Advanced computer skills, in particular, MS Project and Excel
- National travel will be required
- Commitment to Quality outcomes with a focus on delivering in full and on time
- Strong safety focus - actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.