|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hydrocarbon Technician – Heavy Mobile Equipment
- Excellent opportunity to progress in your career development
- Be part of a high performing Condition Monitoring Team
- FIFO ex Perth, Busselton, Albany or Geraldton – Greater Brockman
About the Role
The Hydrocarbon Technician is responsible for ensuring that the Greater Brockman mobile fleet is operated and maintained to a standard that guarantees safe and reliable operation with regards to Asset Health integrity, in addition to ensuring compliance with Rio Tinto Standards for Hydrocarbon Management.
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing team and develop your career further.
There are multiple roles available working 8 days on, 6 days off or 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off roster and reporting to the Condition Monitoring Advisor, this role will require you to:
- Custodianship and maintenance of the site Tribology Asset Health Watch list & Action Tracker
- Champion oil sample submission processes to ensure:
- Oil sampling procedures are developed as required
- Correct oil sampling and clean care procedures are followed
- Compliance to 24 hour sample dispatch period
- Track & action overdue lubrication samples
- Coaching and coordination of training for maintainers on oil sampling techniques
- Participate and assist Reliability and Maintenance Engineers in equipment failure analysis related to lubrication
- Attend weekly, monthly and ad-hoc site Asset Health Meetings
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience in used oil analysis on Heavy Mobile Mining Equipment
- Related trade qualification
- Lubrication Analyst Category 1 (LCAT 1) or equivalent
- Australian "C" Class manual drivers’ licence
- A working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems such as SAP
- Sound knowledge of Australian, Safety and Statutory regulations and standards relating to Hydrocarbon management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
It will also be beneficial if you have training in any of the following areas:
- Lubrication Analyst Category 2 (LCAT 2) or equivalent
Where you will be working
The Greater Brockman Operations consist of Brockman 2, Brockman 4, Nammuldi and the Silvergrass growth project. Driving the latest technological advancements, the open-pit mines offer an avenue for opportunity and career progression.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Applications for this role will close on 9/11/2020, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier than stated.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.