|Job Type:||Full Time|
NDT Technician/ Condition Monitoring – Heavy Mobile Equipment
- Excellent opportunity to progress in your career development
- Be part of a high performing Condition Monitoring/ NDT team
- FIFO ex Perth, Busselton, Albany or Geraldton – Greater Brockman
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified NDT/Condition Monitoring Technician to conduct regular structural and condition-based maintenance inspections on our fleet of heavy mobile equipment in order to improve equipment reliability, minimise unplanned maintenance by early defect identification and improve overall equipment availability.
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing team and develop your career further.
Working 8 days on, 6 days off, 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and reporting to the Condition Monitoring Advisor, this role will require you to:
- Carry out visual, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic and eddy current inspections as required
- Establishing and maintaining accurate data in the relevant NDT databases
- Executing NDT related routine and non-routine tasks
- Draft NDT inspections reports
- Identifying and recommending any improvements in the NDT inspection and HME welding practices
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience in NDT Heavy Mobile Mining Equipment inspections
- Current AINDT or PCN Level 2 certification in UT and MT
- Australian "C" Class manual drivers’ licence
- A working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems such as SAP
- Sound knowledge of Australian, Safety and Statutory regulations and standards
- A readiness for proactive and flexible approach to fluctuating workloads
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- An Understanding of welding processes and defect identification
- Working at heights certificate
- Confined space certificate
- Elevated work platform certificate
It will also be beneficial if you have training in any of the following areas:
- Liquid Penetrant Testing AINDT or PCN L2
- Eddy Current Testing AINDT or PCN L2
- Acoustic Emission Testing
Where you will be working
The Greater Brockman Operations consist of Brockman 2, Brockman 4, Nammuldi and the Silvergrass growth project. Driving the latest technological advancements, the open-pit mines offer an avenue for opportunity and career progression.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Applications for this role will close on 9/11/2020, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier than stated.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.