|Location:||New South Wales|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Advisor on a fixed term contract for one of our most iconic high profile infrastructure projects in Sydney’s CBD – building Sydney Metro at Central Station.
Laing O’Rourke is delivering:
- The new Sydney Metro platforms at Australia’s busiest train station
- The landmark Central Walk – a new underground pedestrian concourse
- A new entrance to the station on Chalmers Street, Surry Hills
- A new Northern Concourse
- Conduct basic accident investigations
- Manage IMPACT data
- Carry out basic Health and Safety inspections
- Assist with Risk Management tool development (Prestart briefing /JHA, SWMS, PRA)
- Monitoring and conducting regular HSE governance checks within the project sites including:
- Collective Insights
- Positive Investigations
- Reporting breaches
- Recommending remedial actions
- Certificate IV OHS and or working towards or willing to obtain a Graduate Certificate, Diploma OHS or Certificate in Risk management
- Extensive industry experience in large scale civil projects
- Reports and systems knowledge
- Experience in contract management
- ICAM, RRTWC, RIW preferred
- Demonstrated experience in assisting supervision and management with HSE issue / action closeout within the workplace.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.