- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Opportunity to begin your career in the Finance industry
- Flexible workplace & collaborative team – we value great culture!
- 12 Month max term contract with the possibility of an extension
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.
Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative. Although our products are innovative it’s our client-centric approach that sets us apart – our service offering is our key differentiator.
As a division of Bank of Queensland you will be working for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace that provides a great working environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include:
- Career progression and development opportunities in the finance industry
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Gym discounts and much more!
About the Role:
As an After Hours Client Service Consultant you will be the first point of contact for clients of the BOQ Specialist Banking Business. Responsibilities include interacting with clients across all channels and supporting the full range of personal and business banking products.
Your time will be divided between answering client phone calls, responding to client emails and secure messaging and processing real-time operational requests relating to transactions and account administration as well as support for the sales team and account opening responsibilities.
- Delivering on our 24 hour Service Level Agreement (SLA) over the phone, emails and secure messages
- Managing operational workflow through our ticket queue
- New account opening
- Delivery of contract documentation upon client and consultant request
- Management of the Online Application console for deposit products
- Monitoring and responding to suspicious activity and suspected fraud on credit and debit cards
- Liaising with the risk team on fraudulent activity
- Identifying and acting on cross-sale opportunities, referrals and conversions
Your hours of work would be on a roster between Monday-Friday 2:00pm - 10:30pm & weekend shifts of 6:00am - 2:00pm or 2:00pm - 10:30pm.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Current enrolment in an Accounting, Commerce or a related tertiary qualification is required
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Problem solving expertise and the ability to work autonomously is essential
- Proven experience in customer service, retail or hospitality
- RG 146 qualification funded
- Highly motivated, client focused individual
- Ability to learn a wide range of products and systems
- Attention to detail
- A team player
- Organisational and time management skills – ability to prioritise
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work in a pressured environment in a timely matter
- Flexible and hands on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good work ethic and positive attitude.
How to apply:
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.