Last updated 30 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
At Xero, we value the physical health, safety and security of our Xeros as well as reducing the impact our offices and people have on the environment. As part of our holistic approach you will partner with the Wellbeing team to deliver on our commitment to support our Xeros and therefore our customers and partners to flourish and grow.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to join the Workplace Experience (WX) team at Xero to create a ‘centre of excellence’ for health & safety, physical security and environmental sustainability. You will spearhead the successful implementation of strategies that allows Xero to mature and excel within these important areas.
What you'll do
The Head of Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) is responsible for developing, implementing and managing innovative systems, programs and education strategies to ensure that Xero creates a safe and beautiful workplace experience in line with Xero’s values and purpose. You will achieve this through….
- Engaging with senior leaders across the business to build their capability to role model and prioritise safety, security and environmental good practice as part of day to day life at Xero.
- Designing and implementing a framework for improving our management of health and safety.
- Work closely with the Head of Wellbeing to ensure that our approach to physical health & safety is complementary to their work on wellbeing.
- Be the Workplace Experience lead for delivering and improving upon the physical & environmental objectives of Xero’s ISO27001 management system.
- Measure, monitor and report on carbon footprint contributing activities and drive reduction initiatives as part of our Net Zero @ Xero program.
- Designing and managing a dashboard of metrics to demonstrate the impact of HSSE strategies which will form part of the regular reporting structure.
- Compile and present regular communications and insights to the Workplace Experience Leadership Team, Xero Leadership Team, Board and other key stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring
You will have proven experience developing and leading health, safety, security and environmental programs in a similar leadership role. Alongside the ability to think strategically and creatively to deliver ongoing improvement within these areas, you will also bring with you…
- Authentic leadership, a demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and work in a team environment while influencing across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated project and program management experience working with a variety of stakeholders preferably on a global scale.
- Proven ability to build strong and beneficial working relationships with senior managers, business leaders and key stakeholders.Experience of implementing one or more of the following frameworks; OHSAS18001, ISO45001, ISO14001, ISO14067, ISO14064, ISO27001. Or other similar or related standard.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to leverage and communicate data and metrics to ensure effective implementation and measurement.
- A passion for helping people fulfill their potential.
- Thought leadership, analysis and presentation of trends in the areas of health, safety, security and environment as well as staying abreast of best practices and benchmark leading companies.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.