|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Retail Analytics team aim to be valued commercial business partners and advisors who understand the business’ strategic direction and needs. We collaborate to provide insight on problems, opportunities and current market trends, and to shape successful business decisions and generate innovative ideas.
We are looking for dynamic Senior Data Engineer’s & Data Developer’s to focus on designing and advocating the automation and monitoring at all steps of our analytics and tool construction, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management - with a particular focus on cloud computing. Your key responsibilities include:
- Designing, constructing, testing, implementing and maintaining scalable datamart solutions and analytic tools/apps for business needs
- Performing collection, cleansing, merging and management of data from various sources and building the curated dataset for business reporting
- Ability to model data embedding business rules / logics, using a staged approach for data processing
- Transitioning datasets from legacy products and external data sources to our Google Cloud Platform suite
- Overseeing implementation in the team of new technologies and software engineering tools
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and enterprise practices
- Building and maintaining new data structures and design data processing systems
As our successful candidates, you will ideally have proven experience as a data transformation / integration specialist with cloud engineering exposure and you have strong hands on ETL & SQL skills. Demonstrated capability ensuring end-to-end solution designs meet the needs of the client, provide for a quality technical solution, and comply with architectural directions and enterprise standards along with the ability to work collaboratively with other IT teams across the group are essential. Key tools utilised are:
- Database such as Teradata and cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Cloud Composer or Apache Airflow / Cloud Storage / AppEngine / Cloud Datastore)
- Strong SQL and a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages such Python, Google AppScripts) to marry systems together
- ETL and Analytics to be performed using Alteryx and Google Cloud Platform products (Cloud Composer / Stored Procedures / BTEQ)
- Collation of structured and unstructured data sources across a variety of platforms
- Build and support visualisations using Tableau with ability to draw insights from data
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day. #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.