|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationCanning Vale (Magnet Road), Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Product Specialist will be responsible for providing quality technical support in Asia Pacific sales region both on mine sites and remotely. You will also participate in the commissioning of automation projects. The role will be required to follow defined commissioning timelines for projects and provide effective solutions to technical problems based on systemic failure analysis. This will involve capturing information from automation products and services, along with reporting and feedback to customers of the findings and recommendations to repair. This role is can be based in a flexible location in WA to support our local customers, near our Sandvik Customer Service Centres but will require travel up to 60% of the time, domestically, and in the APAC region.
Key performance areas
- All employees and workers are required to conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to; our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers.
- Commissioning of Automine® and OptiMine® product offerings at customer sites
- Engage with customers and other key internal stakeholders to deliver and support the Automation product
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues
- Resolve and report any technical problems associated with product area offerings at the customer level
- Provide technical and service support on all deliveries including retrofit kits of product area offerings.
- Assist factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation
- Provide on-site commissioning of Product Area offerings in the sales area and technical assistance to resolve issues
- Assist customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings
You should possess a relevant Degree or Trade qualification in either electrical or mechanical disciplines. Along with 5 years of Technical experience and training in key aspects of technical trades
Proven understanding and experience with machine CAN bus systems is required. You also possess proven understanding and experience with IT systems and terminology, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Access, in addition to system support and remote support experience.
Additionally, it is preferred that candidates possess:
- Experience working with TCP/IP networks including Wi-Fi
- An understanding of communication protocols (e.g. CANBus)
- Strong investigative and diagnostic skills
- Experience with underground mining remote control system
- Knowledge of customer’s industry
- Systemic failure analysis
- Experience in on site commissioning
- Ability to work underground as needed
*You must be comfortable to work underground when required
**You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package
- Superannuation that’s 2.5% above the superannuation guarantee
- An Employee Benefits Program
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies.
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employee’s who want to improve their health and welling.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2018, the Group had approximately 42,000 employees and sales of 100 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations