|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Route 52 is coming to Tararua and we are gearing up to start the project. Having gained additional Shovel-Ready funding we are upgrading a key part of the transport route near the Eastern Coastline. Own this project from start to finish – concept design to delivery!! We are a unique employer where we are leading the way with more road closures than ever before and supporting our local communities around us.
About the role
As our Project Manager, you will be producing the project methodology, budgets and delivery on the Route 52 project. You will also be:
- Working in conjunction with the Senior Management teams to estimate for the project
- Overall responsibility for specific project implementation and delivery which would include all physical works like bridge strengthening, earthworks for pavement realignment, drainage and pavement construction plus any geotechnical improvements
- Directing and leading Supervisors and their teams as well as sub-contractors
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with our client, subcontractors and suppliers
Maybe you are looking for your next challenge or you are a seasoned Manager looking for change? Either way you will be passionate about project management, in particular civil maintenance, actively seek continuous improvement, and be an inspirational leader. You’ll also couple this with:
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Proven track record in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
- Proven successful Contract Management experience ideally within Road Maintenance, Utilities and/or Construction
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Business Management or Civil Engineering
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573133.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.