|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager to join the South Eastern Program Alliance team based in Surrey Hills, VIC.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), are working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Lead a commercial team on the project and be responsible for fulfilling the requirements of the commercial function including optimising margin while protecting the business from commercial.
- You will be an expert at leading all Pre-Contract commercial activities on a complex project or range of projects.
- As a senior member of the project management team you will work closely with the Project Leader / Lead Commercial Manager to provide strategic commercial direction in the management of the project goals.
- A construction management, building, engineering degree or equivalent coupled with 10+years post graduate experience in contract administration within the construction industry. Must also have obtained or be working towards MRICS.
- You will also possess comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of contract management, program financial management, risk and opportunity management, performance reporting, budget preparation and administration.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.