|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The role of Senior Scientist in the Cell Culture & Purification Development department requires a high level of technical expertise in cell culture bioreactor process development. Working closely with the Manager and Department Director, you will apply your excellent technical fed batch and perfusion bioreactor skills to develop and optimize bioreactor processes suitable for manufacture of recombinant proteins.
In this position, it will be your responsibility to:
- Design and Conduct experiments using 5 L and 200 L bioreactors in fed batch and perfusion modes including harvesting procedures
- Identify and implement new technologies with a defined project impact
- Coordinate activities relating to the planning and careful execution of experimental protocols
- Generate, supervise and manage accurate, reliable data to support process development
- Perform analysis of data in conjunction with the bioreactor team
- Represent the group on cross functional teams for developing target molecules
- Author and review documents associated with process development including standard operating procedures, study protocols and reports.
- Communicate ideas, plans and results succinctly in both written and oral presentation, and effectively represents the department in cross-functional project teams as upstream delegate and subject matter expert.
- Develop and execute laboratory housekeeping duties, and must maintain laboratories, equipment and facilities to GSP & regulatory standards. Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives implementation in the team.
- Ensure high safety standards are adhered to individually, and by the team as governed by local, state and federal regulations, laws and policies as well as CSL’s policies and directives. Ensures compliance with OGTR guidelines.
We are looking for a dynamic applicant with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science or Chemical Engineering with at least four years’ experience in a process development field; PhD qualifications are highly regarded
- Experience with mammalian cell culture development in fed batch or perfusion bioreactor; alternatively, skills and experience associated with related process development disciplines including microbial cultures, application of bioreactor analytical techniques or pilot scale operations are also valued.Skills and experience in process scale up and scale down model qualification and process characterisation is valued
- Skills and experience from related process development disciplines including purification, application of bioreactor analytical techniques or pilot scale operations are also valued
- Proven ability to be independent and self-motivated, demonstrating flexibility to flourish in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate effectively on cross functional teams
- Skilled in Quality by Design principles including statistical experimental design.
- Competence in data analysis and reporting.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and committed to the profession.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing work place priorities and willing to undertake work in other Bioprocess Development areas.
- Experience with human primary cells and/or viral transduction would be valued.
- Experience with expression and purification of LVV would be valued.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Applications close 6 November 2020
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.