|Job Type:||Full Time|
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Architect as part of our JORN ICT Team at Edinburgh Parks.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the JORN ICT Lead Systems Architect the Systems Architect will be responsible for understanding the technical Microsoft Windows Platform & VMWare Virtualisation requirements of the JORN Program to ensure that an appropriate technical solution is designed and implemented.
You will need to be able to understand and balance requirements from different sources in complex environments and translate these into robust systems designs.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Architect a cohesive Windows systems and Virtualisation solution to meet functional and non-functional infrastructure requirements
- Create / review of architecture design packages
- Review and approve design packages
- Ensure proper oversight for quality assurance of artefacts
- Work with the Architecture Lead to Understand, contribute and align to product architecture vision, roadmap, integration strategy and delivery
- Provide advanced consultancy and assistance to various Business Units, in the design, set to work & trouble shooting
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Relevant qualifications in an engineering or information technology discipline
- Minimum NV1 Security clearance required
- Proven experience within a large organisation, servicing over 500 users. (to demonstrate scalable solutions)
- Solid understanding of systems and the inter-dependency of systems
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future proof and open solutions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to both effectively communicate with and influence stakeholders
- Substantial knowledgeable of SAN physical capacity limits and optimization recommendation
- Proficient with technical authoring, specifically techniques to describe infrastructure design and architecture (Server, DMZ, Virtualization, Storage, Network, Database, Security)
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of VMWare Virtualisation Platforms
- Previous experience in Data Centre virtualisation Projects
- Microsoft Windows platform experience including Microsoft Windows 2016/2019, MS Exchange 2013/2016, MS SCCM / Microsoft WSUS, Microsoft Active Directory
A defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and have the ability to meet defence security clearance and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements for this position.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.