- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Partner with General Manager level stakeholders
- Sydney based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It is an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
This is a unique opportunity to step into a Senior Role within the Advanced Analytics team based in Sydney. Reporting to the Head of Advanced Analytics, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing insights into underlying drivers of electricity and gas demand, and being the organisations subject matter expert in this domain.
- Generating medium term and long term forecasts of demand, including the impact of structural drivers such as solar, energy efficiency, batteries and electric vehicles.
- Understanding changes and trends in half hourly electricity demand, and generating demand scenarios to support portfolio trading and hedging decisions.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders across Trading, Finance & Commercial and Investor Relations to communicate complex analysis to drive decision making.
- Generating analysis and supporting packs for external volume reporting and investor presenting monthly demand insight updates to Origin’s Commodity Risk Management Committee.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have a strong track record of partnering with senior stakeholders disseminating complex information to a broad audience in simplistic terms. You must also hold qualifications in a relevant quantitative discipline – eg, Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics etc.
Additionally, to be considered for the shortlist you will have:
- Prior work experience in the energy industry, and in working directly with senior stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in communicating complex analysis to a variety of stakeholders.
- Prior experience in demand forecasting, data science, statistical modelling, quantitative modelling or financial modelling.
- Experience querying databases using SQL, and in visualising data using Tableau. Prior experience in data science using Python/R will be highly regarded but is not essential.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack David mcgregor Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID 77299
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers