- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Partner With The Gas Trading Team
- Sydney based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It is an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Future Energy & Technology division in a highly visible role in the Advanced Analytics team based in Sydney. Reporting to the Manager, Gas Demand Forecasting, you’ll be responsible for:
- Data modelling and engineering to underpin Origin’s gas forecasting function.
- Analysing forecasting performance and retraining/rescoring forecasting models accordingly.
- Working closely with stakeholders across Trading and Finance on analysis and reporting relating to gas forecasting.
- Working with IT teams to ensure outputs of gas forecasting processes are interfaced with downstream operational systems.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be an experienced analyst with advanced SQL skills. Prior knowledge in working on forecasting models and experience in Python will be highly regarded. You must also hold qualifications in a relevant quantitative discipline e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics)
To be included in the shortlist you will have:
- Significant experience working with databases, and using data extraction and transformation using SQL.
- Experience in data modelling and engineering for complex operational processes.
- Prior experience in Python programming and in data visualisation using Tableau will be highly regarded.
- Prior experience in demand forecasting will be highly regarded.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID 77305
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers