|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ericsson Functional Area: Strategic Competence Unit (SCU)
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Location and Travelling: This position is based in Melbourne, Australia. It is essential that you have the ability to travel globally as per business priorities and requirements.
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be based within the Service Area Network Design and Optimization (SA ND), Strategic Competence Unit (SCU) which is a highly qualified global service delivery team located in several countries. You will be working with new, groundbreaking technologies (5G, ML/AI, IoT, VoLTE, AEO/E2E, Virtualization) and will be involved in projects with many diverse customers around the world. In this role, you will be a specialist and a go-to person in the field of Network Design and Optimization.
In this role, you would:
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
- Develop and deliver machine learning solutions in the RAN Design or Optimisation area to mobile operators
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Have discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 10 years of Radio Network Design and Optimisation experience or relevant experience in ICT Industry.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and Application Experience Optimization
- Programming skills/experience in languages will be an advantage;
- Python - Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository or similar.
- Deep technical RAN knowledge is advantageous!
- Experienced in using the radio network design and optimisation tools is an advantage.
What's in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10 000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID 19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.