|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Auckland based Transport Services Construction team are seeking an enthusiastic person for our new General Worker – Carpenter position. You will carry out general infrastructure building tasks, both small and large as part of a team and independently. This could be perfect if you're looking for a fresh start or if you're a school leaver looking to begin your career! You will be responsible for:
- Optimizing the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts
- Working to project plans and responding appropriately to trouble shoot situations
- Operating plant & equipment as required in a safe and accurate manner
- Participating in on the job training opportunities
- Supporting and adhering to a Zero Harm work environment.
What's on offer:
- A permanent, full time position with a reliable employer
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week with rewarding pay and overtime penal rates
- Autonomy and the ability to make this role your own
- The opportunity to join a progressive organisation who embraces diversity and inclusion
- Exposure to a wide variety of exciting projects and ongoing training, development and career opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have an organised and systematic approach to your work, with the ability to problem solve and step up as a leader when needed. We’d also value the following, but keep in mind we can offer training for the right candidate:
- A Class 1 Full Drivers licence
- Clear written and verbal skills, with the ability to read plans a bonus
- A strong customer and commercial awareness on site
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
- Motivation to do a good job and contribute to team targets, deadlines and goals
- A trade qualification or experience in carpentry or the general construction industry would be beneficial.
How to apply:
If this sounds like your next move, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573848 to apply. You can also visit your local Downer depot and fill in an application form and drop off your up to date resume.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.