|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Water & Environment team provides strategic and practical solutions to clients with environmental management challenges. We are currently seeking an Ecologist / Environmental Scientist with 2-5 years of experience to join our Brisbane based team and can be based in either our Brisbane or Sunshine Coast office. In this role you will be a member of multidisciplinary teams delivering outcome focused environmental services on a diversity of natural resource management and infrastructure projects for a variety of private and public sector clients. Our Water & Environment team work in a flexible way that is tailored to the individual and we pride ourselves in offering our employees trust and empowerment.
Your responsibilities will include -
- High quality technical report writing
- Working across ecology and environmental approvals to deliver desktop and field-based work packages
- Assisting with the training and mentoring of graduate and undergraduate team members
- Provision of input into environmental analyses, mapping, reporting and project work
- Completing research and field surveys as required under support of senior and principal specialists
- Providing environmental survey, impact assessment, approvals and management advice and guidance for projects of various types
- Delivery of project work from initial scope and client liaison through to commercial delivery
- Maintaining a solid understanding of commonwealth, state and local government environmental regulations and their application as well as relevant industry standards, practices and approvals processes
Ideally you will possess -
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science/Environmental Planning/Natural Resource Management/Ecology or related field
- Two to five years of demonstrated related experience in ecology and / or environmental science
- High level analytical, written reporting and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, as you will liaise with team members from different disciplines, clients and government agencies to ensure delivery of innovative solutions that meet client and broader community expectations
- Technical understanding of the environmental sciences, approvals and management field
- An ability to interpret and carry out instructions while ensuring safety is at the forefront of all operations
- Position includes both office and fieldwork and the applicant must be physically able to stand and work in the field including in remote areas for extended periods of time.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.