South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Marketing Finance Team Leader, this role will provide specialist advice and execute tasks related to the development of financial data and analysis. The role will provide the Operations and Marketing teams with high quality analysis to make well-informed decisions as well as providing accurate reporting of the Group’s financial results.
Add value to the organisation by:
- Preparing financial data & analysis to the business partner.
- Financial analysis through assessment of improvement projects and cost saving initiatives.
- Detail working capital analysis.
- Accounting and systems support required by management.
- Preparing operating and capital budget and forecasts.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and South32 control framework.
- Preparing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Financial reporting including VAT, quarterly production report, results announcement, operations finance review etc.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification, along with CA / CPA.
- Experience in accounting / risk / finance / audit or related field is desirable.
- Strong proficiency in financial analysis and business analysis.
- Exposure to board management reporting.
- Proficient in the use of SAP, BI and TM1 (Cognos).
- Competent in data manipulation and financial modelling in Excel.
- Analytical and accurate, with an inquisitive mindset to critically evaluate information and numbers.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.