|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is seeking a results-driven Team Leader - Structural Engineering based in Melbourne, VIC to lead the national structural Engineering team. As the Team Leader Structural Engineering, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of fit-for-purpose designs, developing leading-edge capabilities, implementing design processes and procedures to streamline delivery and meet project and client requirements across transmission, renewable and water sectors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager- Power and Commissioning you will actively manage and develop the people within the structural team to ensure they produce quality design calculations, drawings, and preparing quality reports and technical specifications. You will have in depth knowledge of structural engineering principles with extensive relevant experience within Australia.
- You will have a recognized tertiary qualification (Degree) in Structural / Civil engineering
- You will have minimum 10 years’ experience in structural engineering within the Australian construction, utilities or resources industries.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and decision making / complex problem solving across people, projects, finances, client relations, and contracts
- Demonstrated experience in transmission and renewable sectors. Exposure to water sector, waste water treatment plants is desirable
- You will be experienced in tender preparation, Bill of Quantity creation and development of Engineering Estimates
- You will be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of Australian Standards and the NCC
- Be flexible to travel to job sites
- Experience developing and engaging with clients across multiple sectors and worksites
- You will be experienced in relevant latest software tools and design techniques
- Member of Engineer’s Australia, C.P Eng or eligible for membership. RPEQ membership is highly desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Career opportunities within a vast and growing company
- Opportunities to build a team around them
- Challenging and diverse work environment across multiple industry sectors
- Professional development opportunities
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
We respectively ask for no agency approaches.