|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the Power Systems and Infrastructure Projects market. We have successfully secured several Transmission Lines and Substation infrastructure projects and we are now seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to successfully deliver a large transmission line project within the Power Systems team in South Australia.
This position will support the Senior Project Manager and Frontline leaders deliver commercial outcomes across the project. This opportunity will be initially project based in Whyalla on a FIFO/DIDO basis.
Critical to the role will be (i) the effective management of commercial and contractual matters arising on projects; and (ii) the development and implementation of the commercial operating model in liaison with the Operations. Your role will be developing strategic alliances with suppliers and subcontractors, managing commercial/contractual correspondence with clients and initiation of any dispute proceedings with the client or subcontractor.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Project delivery commercial support, including claims and dispute management, liaising with Project Managers and Contract Administrators (to reach an agreed outcome for a project and to identify any issues requiring early intervention) and participation in project based monthly Project Management Reviews.
- Assess projects for pre and post contract commercial capability and consistency and take remedial action to address deficiencies where required.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with project management reporting, including management of internal stakeholder relationships and participation in meetings with the Power Systems and Northern Infrastructure GM.
- Management and coordination of Project/Contract Administration and Project Control functions and resources.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, quantity surveying, construction law or other relevant discipline.
- Successful track record evidencing your experience in a power infrastructure and/or transmission line commercial management role.
- Previous exposure working for or with different power utilities and infrastructure clients.
- Extensive experience in contract management practices (10yrs +), including best practice commercial/risk policies and procedures, project management, claims management, reporting and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders and develop new business opportunities.
- Ability to review and develop new processes and streamline transactional activities.
- Ability to contribute to the preparation of contract claims and review financial information.
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement business solutions.
- High level of proficiency of Risk Management, including application and use of AS/NZ 4360.
- Willingness to be site based on a FIFO/DIDO basis initially.
- A consistent high performing nature – focused and results oriented and highly autonomous with demonstrated business acumen.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and deliver key requirements in a geographically dispersed project.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- A rare opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Liz Skewes on email@example.com
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES!